Low Fat Cookies With Protein Greek Yogurt Frosting
It's Holiday time! Whether you read this before Christmas, Easter, or Halloween, these easy sugar cookies will save you calories and fat while giving you a hint of protein (yay Greek yogurt). Have you wondered how to make cookies more healthy? Well, wonder no more. Here is a low fat, no butter cookie recipe for you.
Make them, tweak the recipe, and post your thoughts/ideas below. Cookies rule! (Text version recipe is below recipe card.)
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-½ cups flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
½ cup powdered sugar - sifted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine applesauce & sugar until mixed thoroughly.
- Add egg & vanilla, & keep mixing.
- Combine flour, baking powder & salt in a bowl. Gradually add to egg/apple sauce/vanilla mixture.
- Take ‘one tablespoon-sized’ portions of dough & place onto a lighty greased cookie sheet (about 2 in. apart. Press a bit to flatten, or roll out & cut shapes).
- Bake for 10 minutes. Take out of oven, let sit for 5 min., then remove from cookie sheet. When they cool down, give them a frost!
- Whisk ingredients together until thick
- Cool in fridge for 30 min. to thicken more
- Spread & enjoy