Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
A high protein easy breakfast recipe with the antioxidants of berries and the power of Chia seeds can help with your weight loss goals.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not start your morning right by eating something delicious that will keep you feeling full until lunchtime? This smoothie bowl recipe is perfect for when you're in a hurry, but still want to enjoy a nutritious breakfast.
I love using frozen berries for this smoothie bowl. I also slice up and freeze bananas for extra sweetness so I don't have to add any sweetener.
There are so many options for this healthy protein smoothie bowl. You can even make it thinner and drink it as a regular smoothie. It seems a little more filling when the smoothie is thicker, though.
This breakfast protein smoothie bowl is:
You can use as few as four ingredients, too. Just grab your blender and get ready for a quick and healthy breakfast.
Breakfast Protein Smoothie Bowl Recipe
What You Need
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk or another "milk" if you prefer)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I use plain, nonfat)
- 3/4 cup frozen berries
- About 1/3 of a frozen medium banana (substitute: frozen mango or frozen pineapple slices if you don't like bananas)
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds (optional)
- 1 scoop protein powder (Orgain Simple is my favorite. At time of writing, Costco has the peanut butter flavor. Or you can get the vanilla, peanut butter cup or chocolate(!) flavors on Amazon.
How to Make It
- Pour almond milk and Chia seeds in the blender while you get other ingredients together (so Chia seeds have time to soften)
- Add protein powder, blend until combined.
- Add Greek yogurt, blend until combined.
- Depending on the power of your blender, either add half or all of the frozen berries and frozen banana (if using half, blend then add the rest). Blend.
- If your smoothie is too thick, add a little more almond milk.
- Pour in a bowl and top with bran flakes or granola. There are some great options in stores. I usually pick flakes with no raisins. I go for high fiber and different grains.
PS. Here are some of the trials and tribulations I faced when trying to take this photo. "Someone" wanted to help me. The kitty got super close to my smoothie bowl. She likes to smell things, but never licks. She just wants to be part of everything and help. "What's this?"