Don't Sweat The New Year's Resolutions
It's no secret. I love Spinning classes. I could teach Spinning classes all day long and die a happy woman.
This is why I so liked today's article by master Spinning instructor LUCIANA MARCIAL-VINCION. Her cute sayings (We All Fall Off The Bike) resonated with me (we can't really, you know, fall of the Spinner bike, he he). And her writing style is fun. Take a peek at Luciana has to say about fitness, health and weight loss. These are real life tips you can really use.
TIPS TO A HEALTHIER YOU
- Don’t Sweat Your New Year’s Resolutions: Focusing solely on calorie burn for your workouts is too small – think big! Reach for your dreams, increase energy, build fortitude as caloric expenditure is a default side effect of any exercise you do. It’s going to happen no matter what, so fill your mind with majestic adventures and the body will follow.
- Showing up is Half the Battle: Goethe tells us that the moment you commit, providence moves in your favor. Once you’re out the door, the rest falls into place. Just go, be on time, and you can already start praising yourself.
- Liquid Heaven: H20 is nature’s miracle for health and performance. Ditch the soda and limit juices. Make drinking water a habit so it’s less about a response to thirst and more about proactively cleaning the engine.
- Fuel: The earth is flat. Eat three meals a day. Yup – both ideas came from the same book. Eating smaller, healthier meals throughout the day keeps you from binging and helps increase your metabolism; it will also make for a better workout.
- We All Fall Off The Bike: Whether it’s holiday or vacation related, we all falter. But remember, the failure is not in the falling down, it’s in the staying down. Get up. Begin again, as many times as it takes..
- Try Something New: They say to do one thing a day that scares you. Think outside the box with a beginner’s mind. Be judgment free and willing to get uncomfortable. Remember, it’s got to challenge you to change you.
- Focus On The Present: The experience you are having right now is directly linked to your personal evolution. Flow with what’s happening and don’t compare yourself to anyone else, your body is unique!
- Make it Your Ride: At least twice a week, it is important to partake in aerobic exercise. Spinning® is a great way to get your body and heart moving and you are ultimately the captain of your own ship—make adjustments that suit your fitness level.
- Your Body Was Made To Move: Take the stairs instead of the elevator, walk where you can, and throw down pushups the next time you are in the mall. Seriously. You might be surprised who’ll join in. I call it Spontaneous Fitness Flash Mob.
- Be Prepared: Keep a set of workout clothes at the office, in the car, wherever, to help alleviate excuses and conquer a stressful day. Or if you can’t make it to the gym keep workout equipment around the house like Bodyblade® or Resist-A-Ball® and CrossCore®.
Luciana Marcial-Vincion is a Master Instructor for the Spinning® program. She is an AFAA certified fitness instructor, and ACSM certified health and fitness instructor, Luciana holds a master's degree in exercise physiology. She is a dancer, actress, and singer as well as a choreographer. Luciana has been involved in health club management for over 15 years.