Super Simple No BS Ways To Get Fitter
No time to work out?
Guest author JAMIE WALKER is today's fitness expert and she has some tips to help you squeeze it all in. My favorite is her tip #1 (see below). Jump, and build your parachute on the way down.
SO EASY TO DO, YOU WON'T EVEN NOTICE (UNTIL YOU SEE THE RESULTS)
- Sign up for two things that scare you: Scout out a race or an even you’ve never tried before instead of treading water with the same 5k’s you always do. Look for new classes to try.
- Variety is key for mental and physical stimulation. You’ll be less bored and the confusion your body experiences will lead to better results.
- Do one plank every day for at least 30 seconds. This is just a small act that takes almost no time at all to complete, but planking leads to big results for core strength and trimming the waist. Once you start doing it, you’ll probably get so good, you’ll want to up your sessions more and more each time.
- Make at least one fitness “date" a week. Instead of meeting friends out for a happy hour, suggest a Spinning or yoga class. It will leave you feeling less stressed and leaner. Plus, at the end of the day, you will probably save more money.
- Do at least 20 push-ups a week. A simple push-up is one of the most effective exercises there is. It burns calories, works several muscle groups simultaneously, and best of all? It can be done anywhere! If you’re a beginner, start with incline pushups (your feet on the ground and your hands on a sturdy table or ledge) and work your way up to regular push-ups.
- Ditch the elevator and escalator once and for all. Take the stairs whenever humanly possible. Once you do it a few times, it will feel like a habit that you’ve had all your life. Maybe you’ll even inspire people around you at the mall or office to take the stairs with you.
Jamie Walker is the CEO and co-founder of SweatGuru, an online tool for consumers to book and manage fitness classes.