|Read Day 1 – The Struggle||Read Day 2 – M&Ms
|Read Day 3 – Eating at 2 a.m.||Read Day 4 – Famine|
|Read Day 5 – 1 Pound Up||Read Day 6 – Snacking|
|Read Day 7 – Day of Rest||Read Day 8 – Anticipate|
When well-laid out plans go awry, you just hang on to the seat of your cycling shorts and try for the best. This is a short post by my wordy standards.
A day that started with a sick child who was up half the night (and mommy with her), a Spinning class, and deadlines for design clients, ended with an evening business event, homework fights, dinner and then – collapse and cry. Even a superwoman has her limits.
It took all I had today not to binge. I ate a bit too much, but overall it’s not a deal breaker. I was proud of myself for that. Had a fairly big bowl of low fat yogurt after dinner with some light whipping cream on top and felt better after. Then I made an executive decision: No more work tonight. Get the kids ready for bed and hit the sack. Clients can wait. I will start fresh tomorrow.
Sometimes we need to recognize our limits…and respect them. I could have consoled myself with massive overeating like I have been doing the last couple of years. Sometimes the weight on my shoulders can momentarily be lightened by heavenly brownies. It may be only a moment, but it’s a good moment. Instead, today I focused on getting through the day hour-by-hour, project-by-project. A few extra carbs here and there kept me going. Compromise is what keeps me sane.
Today’s advice: Exhaustion. Don’t let yourself go there.
Onward and forward.
How did you do today? Share your thoughts. You can do so anonymously. I’d like to hear from you.
? hours of sleep.
Taught one Spinning class, did no weight training.
- Plain oatmeal with flax seeds, nonfat milk, walnuts pieces and chocolate chips (60% cocoa – a must) – breakfast.
- Coffee with non-dairy creamer (ugh) – after Spinning.
- Orange – snack.
- Weight Watchers Mini Cheese Pizzas – lunch.
- Black beans with spinach and a dash of low fat cheese – lunch.
- Coffee with non-fat milk, Stevia and light whipped cream.
- Apple – snack.
- Lean Pocket cheese pizza – dinner.
- Green beans with feta cheese – dinner.
- Non-fat frozen yogurt – dessert.